History

Family Cooperative Kindergarten, a precursor to the current preschool, was founded in 1952 by a group of North Andover parents interested in starting a public kindergarten. At that time, the Town was not prepared for a kindergarten program, so the parents formed a private cooperative school. These parents were guided by Mrs. Mary Charles, an early childhood educator, who became the School’s benefactress over the years. Family Cooperative Preschool was established in 1969 when the Town instituted the kindergarten curriculum in its public education system. The Preschool moved from the Old Center to its current location in 1981.